Celebrate National Get Outdoors Day with a day of family fun at our Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore campus.
- Learn about the secret life of the Little Calumet River!
- Take a guided hike with a Dunes Learning Center naturalist!
- Pull on a tree climbing harness and ascend into the canopy!
- Be inspired by nature at one of our make-and-take tables!
- Bring your refillable water bottle to collect a Dunes Learning Center sticker!
Science games, camp crafts, live music by the School of Rock, and a picnic lunch on the lawn—we'll be offering outdoor-themed activities in and around our Cowles Lodge from 11 to 3 (CT). Join us for our biggest event of the year! Download an event schedule and register online >
Thank you to Premier Sponsor ArcelorMittal; Sustaining Sponsors Lakeshore Public Media and Lamar Advertising; Supporting Sponsors BP, Enbridge, Friends of Indiana Dunes, and NIPSCO; Contributing Sponsor Mark J. Mihalo D.D.S Family Dentistry, and Teresa Massa, Attorney; Event Presenter The Pangere Corporation; and Event Partners Davey Tree Service, Duneland YMCA, Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, and Northwest Indiana Paddling Association. Arts activities made possible, in part, with support from the Indiana Arts Commission, South Shore Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency. Funding provided in part by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, Lake Michigan Coastal Program.